Friday, November 14, 2008

So Unaware...

Dear B-l-o-g,

It's safe to say that I've finally figured out how to add in my photo into my profile. Who knew that it was in the "Dashboard" area. (Sidenote: I'm sure millions knew and I'm just the bumbling 1% who needs to go to "Help" to find out.) Well now that we got that settled, let's start the gossip..wahahaha!

This happened yesterday, (was too tired to type this in after all the good food I've stuffed down my throat, but that is another story) So, what happened, you might ask? Well..if you must know..

Me and Zur (a close friend whom I've shared work pains & sufferings with for the past 2 years) went to Thai Xpress Marina square for our once/twice a month guzzling session, when it so happens that there was a service staff who irritatingly keeps on smiling in our direction. It's obvious that he is smiling to Zur which is obvious as men only have eyes for the dark and exotic and tho I might be considered dark, but I'm certainly not exotic..I'm erratic.. Zur seems to know him as she smiled back at him, only to be found out later that she did it out of courtesy. Needless to say, my dark and exotic friend did not even know the guy's name. That is sooo her..!

But this guy, whom I feel is somewhat over-confident that she remembers him, casually walks over to our table and starts a conversation with her. Note, the "her"...there's no us, just her. So here I am, practically invisible while he starts to chat with Zur. I was starting to do a play-by-play in my mind about how I should "put him down" to make him stop talking, when he stopped my plot by attending to another patron. He said, before he go,
"Call me when you're ready to order ok?"
but knowing that he will use the opportunity to chat up Zur, we decided to call for another staff to serve us. With that, I guess he was a bit disappointed that someone else served us as later, while we were busily eating and happily chatting, he came and interrupted us again. I mean seriously...how irritating can this guy get? So here he is, standing over our table, but thank god, we've almost finished, when he starts to say things like
"Why you order this? You should have ordered something else.."
to which Zur diligently says,
"It says on the menu, by popular demand what, so I choose this then".
Suddenly a small debate on food popped up,
"You should have asked me 1st, this one is not good, I should know better", he confidently said.
In my mind I'm like wondering, if he seems to know better then they should not put "by popular demand" in the menu then. They should put something like, "For the best choice, ask this nameless guy". He not only doesn't stop there, somehow in the conversation, he manages to slip in (as a way of impressing Zur) that he is the manager there by saying,
"Actually I anytime can chow, but my staff not enough."
L A M E ... Then he was saying desperate lines, like,
"Who's your boyfriend now? Brad pitt or what's his name issit?"
Bla bla bla bla bla... (saw his lips moving but the words don't mean a thing..!) So, as not to spoil our mood, we paid our bill, to which he came over again, in all desperation, and said something in the lines of,
"See it's a good thing I'm here, got discount some more,"
of which I saw was only a miserable 20%. Knowing that he was eventually going to be eating dust once we got out from there, he starts by saying,
"So where you going for your dessert? You should eat at Secret Recipe, they have very good desserts. I know, I usually eat their desserts. Plus, I know the staff there."
(Note: Secret Recipe is just opposite Thai Xpress, so its obvious he wants her to stick around...OH GOD NO!)
Zur replied "No lar".
He tries again,
"So then where you going?".
Zur looks at me, I look at her and we sort of just shrug our shoulders, make frowning faces and she says,
"Don't know, we see where lar.."
Clever girl. So as we got up to go, his last attempt was a puny,
"Hey aren't we gonna exchange numbers or something?"
So with Zur in front, practically being pushed by me, unable to respond to his request and my back facing him while blocking his view of her, it can only mean one thing...

"Eat dust LAME boy!


PS: Zur is still clueless about his name. And I guess at that moment, he must be really pissed at me for making him lose his chance of getting close to Zur. Well, I really wished him all the best in his future "endeavours" and frankly, "I don't give a damn!" (.O.)

No comments: